Friday, July 30, 2010

There is no place like home, there is no place like home...

Okay so I did love our trip to NJ but I am so GLAD to be home. There I said it. 

By Saturday after battling 100 degree temps in Philly I really wanted to be able to eat dinner and go down to the pool.  Then Sunday I was dying to put the kids bed early...but we weren't home. And the baptism party was never ending (or so it seemed). So late bedtimes again.

But then Monday came and we began our trip further north. No more having to carry around the little dude because with lack of the dogs presence he would actually walk. It was a miracle. We took the kids to meet my high school friends.  We went to a local zoo/park where the hubby and I grew up.  We visited with the hubby's family. Then it happened. A migraine. Since we were away where I had no painkillers handy, I thought we would be making an ER trip. But luckily for me, I got the TLC of my aunt.  She has had migraines, so she knew just what would help.  She applied wet cloths to the back of my neck and one to my forehead. She gave me meds.  She let me lay in her sanctuary. And when that wasn't helping, she cleared out my cousins bedroom and put me to sleep.  I listened to waves crashing (the noise machine) and had the best sleep in a week. It was wonderful.

Tuesday we spent with my aunt and her girls.  There was lots of Wii playing and a big dance party. We had dinner plans with the rest of my high school girlfriends so we loaded up our cooler with cheese, packed the car, and waved goodbye.  We had dinner with two of my girlfriends. It was so nice to see them again.

Our original plans had us traveling back to my sisters for the night. But we were ready to come home. So we decided to try and drive straight through the night.  It didn't work out.  The kids were uncomfortable sleeping in their boosters. So we stopped at a hotel in Virginia around the halfway mark. I really wanted to be home. I really wanted to click my shoes together and be in my bed.  The kids weren't too bad on the drive but I was over it. That is when it dawned on me, there really is no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. There is just place that equals your own bed and pillow and comfort items. It doesn't matter how much fun you have or how posh the hotel- there simply is no place like home!

    ReplyDelete