Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grocery Shopping & Meal Planning

Okay so I am trying extremely hard to cut the grocery bill in 1/4 (at least) for 2011.  One way I read to do this (besides extreme couponing) is to try and only go to the store once a month.  As I am not one for drastic changes, we are going to try to only go once every two weeks.  In order to do this I came up with our meal schedule for the two weeks.
So here it is:
1/9  -- crock pot lasagna
1/10 -- chicken enchiladas
1/11 -- pork chop skillet (I've posted this recipe before)
1/12 -- chicken breasts with french pan sauce
1/13 -- crock pot chicken with black beans
1/14 -- leftovers
1/15 -- farfalle, peas and goat cheese
1/16 -- crock pot pork roast w/ apples, sage and rosemary
1/17 -- Date Night with hubby (kids will eat leftovers)
1/18 -- king ranch casserole
1/19 -- crock pot chicken tortilla soup
1/20 - ravioli lasagna bake
1/21 -- leftovers
1/22 -- my famous meatloaf (which is actually my friend Susan's recipe)
1/23 -- sesame chicken

So far, so good.  We have stuck with the plan but honestly we haven't left the house so we had no choice. I will keep you updated on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment