Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflections and Resolutions

Well I said I would post by goals for this year but first I need to go over 2010's resolutions. So I am going to list them out and let's see how I did.

1. Cook dinner at least 4 times per week.

2. Use the crock-pot for 1 meal per week.

3. Keep my house clean.

 4. Only volunteer for things I really want to do.

5. Stay on top of the laundry.

6. Exercise more and eat better.

7. Do not yell at my kids.

Okay, so I would say I had success with #'s 1, 2, 3, and sometimes 4.

I tried with #6 and did fairly well when I was able to get to the gym. It is definitely going back on the list.

I started off well with #7 but now I babysit anywhere from 2-6 kids somedays and really I lose my patience. Plus the Little Dudes tubes came out.  So for about half of the month, he is whining non-stop because of the fluid in his ears which is a little trying. I would say I failed at this. And it probably not going to make the list again.

I completely failed at #5.  Consistently and regularly. I am going to attempt it again, I think.

So on to 2011! Here are my resolutions!
1. Have *me* time daily.
2. Complete laundry in a timely manner. No more than a one load backup.
3. Say no more often than yes to favors/volunteer opportunities.
4. Make money for our family. 
5. Use the cash system to save money and pay off debt (car, house, etc.) I am not going all Dave Ramsey crazy but going to take steps in that direction. We already use the cash system for weekly purchases but we are amping it up big time in 2011. We have some big financial goals this year :-)
6. Coupon more.
7. Say yes more than no to the kids.
8. Have one family time activity/event/outing a month (or 12 in the year).
9. Make time to exercise(at least 3 times/week).


Okay so I think this is it for 2011! I will check in and let everyone know how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment