Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Why am I so nervous?

So I have had bad dreams about my angel's kindergarten class.  Not that I know anything about it or even knew who the teacher was.  I have had some visions of her boarding the bus, but not our bus, and ending up at someone elses house.  In a nutshell, I am a wreck.  There is less than a week until my firstborn is going to school for the first time.  Well not the first time, because she went to preschool, but to real school. 

We found out today who her teacher is going to be. I looked the list up and down to see if any of her other friends would be in her class.  And B (my bff's little boy and the one I babysit) will be.  Which may be weird.  But Drama Queen is so happy about it.  She told the hubby how they will be together forever. Sometimes it feels like that.  They have been in lots of stuff together since we meet them 3 years ago. But I know they will look out for each other so it helps with my nerves. I swear I am going to need medication if Monday doesn't get here pronto.

So tomorrow we get to meet her teacher. I am thinking about buying her a small gift.  You know to bribe her to love my child as much as I do.  Or maybe I'll just bring her a snack or make some cookies. Or make her meatballs and gravy, it is my signature dish.

So at dinner the Drama Queen tells us all.  I can't wait for school next week. I am so excited. I am about to be a big girl.  Can I try on my new dress?

And I have to wonder, why am I so nervous?

I will update you all with how the big meeting goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment