Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One of those days

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel completely incompetent?  Especially as a parent or in my case, as a mom?

Today was that day! It started off with a kindergartner who is super slow forgetting her homework because I rushed her to catch the bus.  And by rush, I mean I sent her running down the street after it.  After that I dropped off the other kids and realized I forgot to put the laundry in the dryer.  So on my way to a meeting I had to stop home for that.  Post meeting, I had to go home and pick up karate uniform for belt test.

Off to carpool/afternoon pick up at two different schools.  This year I have three kids at three different schools.  It is going to be a logistical nightmare I'm afraid.  So I picked up at school 1, rushed down to school 2, where my baby, a.k.a the Little Dude, was fast asleep in his teachers arms....where he cried himself to sleep because he wanted me.  Fabulous (please note the sarcasm here),an now he will become "that" kid to the teachers.

Off to karate for belt testing. When we first got there, Little Man had a complete meltdown over water. the teacher said he had never seen him cry before. Well that should have been my first clue just to take him home. I apparently forgot the Little Man's pants.  This was take two for testing because last weeks test didn't go so well.  His teacher was going to give him a belt even though he was terrible but I convinced him otherwise. Today's test was going well until about the last 5 minutes when the class starting acting extremely silly and not listening to our teacher.  So no belt again.  This didn't really bother me. What bothered me was the huge tantrum the Little Man threw when I forced him to apologize for his bad behavior.  It went from bad to worse. There was a tantrum about his booster seat, his water bottle and refusing to wear a seat belt.  He isn't the best behaved kid, but also isn't normally this bad either.  When we got home, he sat in time out but I am not sure he gets it.

The playroom clean up before dinner was a disaster, too.  Thankfully the hubby was home and helped with this.  Both boys ended up in time out while their sister cleaned the whole room.  So they had to suffer with no dessert after dinner.  This caused both of them to run from the dinner table crying instead of eating dinner. Finally after 30 minutes of punishment/time-outs they ate their food. 

We put them to bed at 6:45 tonight. Can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment